LET GOD ARISE II
In which area of your life do you want God to arise? Where do you want God to arise in your family, in your community? I know where I want God to arise in this nation because the nation is facing an existential challenge, a very serious one at that. Leadership is direction. Any leader that cannot take you up will take you down. How do you identify a person with a bad spirit? When you connect with anyone with a bad spirit, everything begins to go down in your life. God calls those who tolerate evil and the wicked the abominable. It is an abomination to vote for the wicked. God calls such a person an abominable and no abominable will make heaven (Rev. 21:8). That is why we must have zero tolerance level for evil.
When people come to me for counseling on marriage issues, I use the word of God which is our constitution, to judge the issue after weighing the two sides. I will never support evil; I will not carry anybody’s spiritual debt because I don’t want to be an abominable. One of the ways to identify someone who does not have reverential fear of God is the person’s relationship with the word of God. The Bible says evil will slay the wicked (Psalm 34:21). As a child of God, ensure that you profile people very well before extending a hand of fellowship to them.
We need to start our prayers on a note of repentance – deep, solid, truthful, honest and complete repentance. This is because the root of the evil in the land is the love of money – idolatry (idolatry is perversion of worship).
- Lord, please have mercy on me. In any way that I have placed anything side by side you in my heart, today, I declare that I am sorry. In your mercy, Lord, forgive me. In your mercy Lord, cleanse me. In your mercy, O God, purify me. In your mercy O God, purge me. I am sorry. Is there any other God but you? Is there any other God that can cause rain? Are you not the One that can give showers? Lord, have mercy on me in Jesus’ name.
- I repent of every idol in my heart – the love of money, love of things, love of human accolades, love of material things. In any way that I have elevated the love of anything else above you in my heart, I acknowledge that I was wrong. Please have mercy on me according to your love and your kindness, according unto the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out all my transgressions. Wash me and cleanse me. Please purge me, purify my soul and make me holy, pure, and acceptable to you in Jesus’ name.
- Help me to love you above every other thing in my heart. Grant me grace, O God, never to pursue things that should be pursuing me.
- Make me a God chaser. Make me a true worshipper in the name of Jesus. Grant me grace to worship you in spirit and in truth in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I elevate my love for you in the garden of my heart above any other love. Grant me grace never to lust after any of the things that people lust after in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you blessed Father, I worship you.
- Father, I depend on you. I want to live for you. Please help me to walk hand in hand with you so that your purpose will be fulfilled in every area of my life.
- You know my weaknesses, please forgive me, cleanse me, purge, purify, sanctify me and make me holy and acceptable to you in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, as I have confessed my sins, I ask for cleansing by the precious blood of your dear Son Jesus Christ. Please cleanse me from secret faults and from presumptuous sins in the name of Jesus.
- I ask that you cleanse me from every manifestation of idolatry in the garden of my heart in the name of Jesus. Make me holy, pure and acceptable to you in the name of Jesus.
- I acknowledge that through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven. Thank you for writing my name in the book of Life. I lift up your name. I exalt you in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED……