We had established that wickedness is a heart issue according to the scripture above. The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, if you do a thorough study of the word of God, you will find that it was from the heart that man missed it, he missed it right from the garden of the heart. The heart is a garden. Man’s heart got corrupted by the snake in the garden and from thence, all manner of tragedy began to happen.
Every tragedy in life is traceable to the distortion that happened in the Garden of Eden. A perfect God created a perfect man and placed him in a perfect environment with one law. Unfortunately, man was unable to keep that law. If a perfect man in a perfect environment could not keep only one command, how can an imperfect man in an imperfect environment keep ten commandments? You can see the absurdity. At the beginning of the year, a lot of people make new year resolutions but few weeks into the year, they discover that they could not keep them. Why? We all need help. God knows that we need help and that is why he gave us the best package – the salvation package, the cross.
Anyone who misses the cross has missed God’s plan for redemption. There is no better prescription than the one God has given. The redemption package is a comprehensive package. If you look elsewhere, you will miss it big time. Take me to the cross and I will find my way home! No comprehensive success is possible without the cross. It was on the cross that the precious blood of Jesus Christ was shed. It was on the cross that the first messianic prophecy (Gen. 3:15) was fulfilled. It was on the cross that the head of leviathan was crushed.
- Lord, I thank you. You have done all things well. Thank you for what you have done. I celebrate your wisdom that brought my salvation. Thank you so much.
- Lord, I ask that you grant me the grace to always place value on what I have in you in Jesus’ name.
Every child of God ought to be a person of integrity. The word integrity evolved from the Latin word ‘integer’ meaning whole or complete. In other words, a child of God should be a person of wholesome character. It refers to a person who does not double speak. The way you are in the Church should be exactly how you are at home. You are not a person of duplicity but a person of consolidated character. The greatest need of the world today is men of integrity.
Take note that:
- You cannot be a person of integrity if you have not aligned your will with the will of God.
- You cannot be a person of integrity if you don’t have the indwelling presence of God in the person of the Holy Ghost.
- You cannot be a person of integrity if you have not received the fullness of what Jesus Christ has done on the cross – his blood cleansing you, sanctifying you, separating you from sin, keying you into the right signal that will give you the right perspective in line with the revealed will of God, and directing you to the original blueprint that God has for you.
TO BE CONTINUED…….