THE POWER OF GRACE CONT’D
13. Power to live above worldly lusts.
Titus 2:11-13, Anyone who wishes to understand grace should meditate on this scripture; very practical, very direct and written in very simple language for anyone who loves the truth to get. Grace is an enablement to live above ungodliness and above worldly lust and unrighteousness. Corruption works by lust. Perversion works by lust. Lust is perversion of love –lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, pride of life. These three powers draw men into perdition. There is so much of it in the Church today. There is serious deception, serious perversion of worship which is idolatry. There is worldliness in the Church; the church became worldly and the world became religious making it difficult for people to differentiate the two. That is why the standard of God is being lowered to present grace to mean living anyhow. The grace that does not empower you to live above sin is fake, not the grace of God.
- Father, thank you for your grace that teaches us to live soberly, righteously in this present world, to deny ungodliness and worldliness so that we can live soberly and righteously in this present world.
- Thank you for grace to live above lust, grace to live above ungodliness, grace to live soberly, righteously, grace to live godly in this present world. Receive that empowerment in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, please help me. Grant me the grace to walk in comprehensive dominion over worldliness, ungodliness and worldly lusts – lust of the flesh, lust of the eye and pride of life in the name of Jesus.
- Grant me the grace to break away from Babylon and every trace of it and to live soberly, to live godly and to walk hand in hand with you so that your purpose may be fulfilled. Help me to love you above all else in my heart; to love what you love and to hate what you hate in the name of Jesus.
14. Grace prepares you for the soon coming king.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.”Titus 2:13 KJV
Receive the grace to live ready in Jesus’ name.
- Father, bestow upon me abundant grace to live rapture ready, may it not take me unawares in the name of Jesus. Lord, may the rapture of your true Church not take me unawares in the name of Jesus.
- Empower me to live ready. Prepare me. You have gone to prepare a place for me, Lord, prepare me for that place so that where you are, there I will always be.
- Grant me the grace to stay focused; to set my affections right and to always be tuned to the frequency of heaven so that I can hear the sound of the trumpet in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED.