“The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. A fire goeth forth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about… Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked”.Psalm 97 KJV
This is a command and not a suggestion and this is where the Church is missing it. Anyone who supports evil has a pact with it. It is not enough to love God, you should hate what God hates and love what God loves. If you say you love God and you are a friend of idolaters, what fellowship does light have with darkness? A true child of God must not vote for what God hates. If you claim to love God and you don’t hate what God hates, then you don’t really know him.
Idolatry has brought curses on this nation and until the yoke of idolatry is destroyed and the worshippers repent and turn to Christ, the Church still has a long way to go. It is so unfortunate that there is now modern day idolatry even in the Church. We need to cry out to God in prayer – Lord, help me to love you and to love what you love and hate what you hate. This is the true definition of holiness. It is a terrible thing to worship Jehovah on the altar of baal. In Ezekiel 14:1-4, the elders of Israel entered the presence of God to worship him with idols in their heart! They received the judgment they never expected.
- Ask God for mercy. Ask him to help you to hate evil. Tell him that you love him. Ask him for grace to love what he loves, to hate what he hates, to love good and hate evil, to celebrate that which is good, to celebrate that which is right, to celebrate that which is ennobling.
- Ask him for grace to break away from idolatry in all its ramifications, never to be part of an evil platform, never to be part of an evil congregation in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, may I never be found in the congregation of the ungodly. Make it impossible for me or any member of my family to be found in the congregation of the ungodly in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I renounce idolatry in all its ramifications and I break every contact with it in the mighty name of Jesus. I raise the blood of Jesus against idolatry in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I belong to you forever. My body belongs to you forever. Jesus, my soul belongs to you forever. My spirit belongs to you forever. My family belongs to you forever. My ministry belongs to you forever. Everything I have I give to you. Help me to live for you all the days of my life in Jesus’ name.
- I confess with my mouth what I believe in my heart that you died for me, on the third day, you rose from the dead and you are now seated at the right hand side of the Father. When you come for your own, may I be part of those who will be raptured in the name of Jesus Christ. Do not allow me to miss the sound of the trumpet. God grant me the grace to be tuned to the frequency of heaven in the name of Jesus.
- Today, I renounce every claim of idolatry over my destiny, family, ministry, business and over anything that concerns me in the name of Jesus.
- You are the true and living God and I say like your word says, let them be confounded that follow other gods in the name of Jesus. Let the idols of this land, perish from under these heavens and earth. I say to you gods that have not made the heavens and earth, perish from under these heavens and from this earth in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end. Let your glory shine forth in every facet of my life in the name of Jesus.
- I declare your glory and I lift up your banner. I exalt your name in Jesus’ name.
TO BE CONTINUED.