DOMINION OVER DARKNESS (PART XVIII) THE HEADQUARTERS OF DARKNESS
What The Bible Says About Hell
- Lost souls stay in pits in hell. Isa. 14:14-15, “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit”. This was the judgment administered to Lucifer.
- Hell enlarges itself. Isa. 5:14, “Therefore hell hath enlarged itself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it”. Hell is very elastic.
- There is no rest day or night in hell. Rev. 14:11, “And the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name”. It is not a place of rest but a place of torment. What liberalism does is to make people act inadvertently; to do what they will, whatever they feel like or whatever they see other people doing. The way people rationalize serious matters today is amazing. If God says it is wrong, run! Flee from every appearance of evil. That is wisdom. Hate what God hates, don’t rationalize it, don’t condone it. Condemn what God condemns. People can call you names and even label you as judgmental. They might say that you don’t understand the message of grace. Grace can never give you licence to sin; it is an empowerment to say ‘No’ to wrong.
- Hell is eternal. Those in hell will not die. Rev. 14:11, “And the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name”. Mark 9:43-44, “And if thy hand offend thee, cut if off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched”. One of the people who had an out of body experience confirmed that one of the words they dread most in hell is ‘eternity’. It is a place where there is no hope; a place of no escape from torment. It is more horrible than the human mind can conjecture. Everything evil, everything dark, everything wrong is there and it is designed to last forever.
- It is better to suffer now and make heaven than to ‘enjoy’ now and end up in hell. Mark 8:36, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Luke 16:25, “But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented”. Here, we see the contrast between Lazarus and the rich man. While on earth, Lazarus was poor, hungry, deprived and afflicted with sores but the rich man lived in luxury, he had it all. However, in heaven; in eternity, Lazarus made it but the rich man went down to hell. It is much better to suffer now and make heaven than to ‘enjoy’ now and end up in hell. Looking at it pragmatically, how many years will you really want to spend on earth? At the age of 82, my late Mother had only one prayer point and that is how to make eternity; a peaceful passage. That was her only desire. When the Lord spoke to me that he was about to take her home, I quickly travelled down to the place where she was staying with my elder Sister and her husband. Of course she was very happy to see me. She told me that she has seen it all and would love to go and that her only prayer point is a very peaceful departure. The reality of her impending transition to glory hit me very hard but that was the reason why I travelled down to see her in the first place. I immediately went into the room, worshipped God and with tears in my eyes, I released her. Thereafter, I came out of the room and went to her bedside where she had a copy of a book the Lord enabled me to write titled “Deliver Us From Evil”. I led her through a prayer of dedication in one of the chapters of the book, while ensuring that she made the confessions line by line, word for word. She rededicated her life afresh to Christ and immediately after, the prophetic anointing came upon her and she started prophesying into my life. After that, I left and returned to my base. Exactly three months after, she passed on very peacefully to glory.
TO BE CONTINUED . . .