“He is the Lord our God; His goodness is seen everywhere throughout the land. Though a thousand generations pass He never forgets His promise, His covenant with Abraham, and Isaac, and confirmed with Jacob. This is His never-ending treaty with the people of Israel: I will give you the land of canaan as your inheritance”. Psalm 105:7-11 TLB
We serve a God whose goodness is seen everywhere throughout the land. Every promise in His word is a covenant and He is a covenant-keeping God. A covenant is a binding agreement between two or more parties.
We cannot really understand our relationship with God, unless we know Him as a covenant-keeping God. Realizing this truth filled the heart of the psalmist with praise and thanksgiving when he declared: “Lord, with all my heart I thank you. I will sing your praises before the armies of angels in heaven. I face your temple as I worship, giving thanks to you for all your loving kindness and your faithfulness, for your promises are backed by all the honour of your name” Psalm 138:1-2 TLB.
Knowing God as a covenant-keeping God should make us fall in love over and over again with Him. It should make us worship Him the more. God will always do what He has promised. He can never lie. He is absolutely dependable.
Is there any promise of God that seems not to be fulfilled in your life? Look inwards. There are always two sides to a covenant. For God’s promise to be fulfilled in our lives, we need to do our part and put into practice the things He has commanded us. God’s promises are always predicated on our complete obedience. God’s word is eternal. His covenants do not expire.
It pays to spend some time declaring God’s word over your life. Receive His promises, and play your part, and expect their fulfillment in your life. Take stock, remember all that God has done in your life. Give Him thanks.
Anyone who consistently works with God over a period of time comes to one inevitable conclusion: “GOD IS FAITHFUL”
- Give your life to Christ. Say the simple prayer below:
- Dear Heavenly Father, I worship you. I acknowledge that I am a sinner. Please have mercy on me and forgive all my sins. Jesus Christ son of the Living God, I unreservedly surrender my life to you. I confess that you died and rose from the dead for me. Please be my Lord and personal saviour, and grant me grace to live for you all the days of my life. Thank you so much, Lord Jesus. I proclaim I am born again. Amen.
- Worship God from the depth of your heart. Give Him praise and adoration.
- Celebrate God for His faithfulness.
- Thank Him for His dependability.
- Thank Him for the countless times He has intervened in your life.
- Repent of many times you have disobeyed His word. Ask for forgiveness.
- Plead the blood of Jesus.
- Rededicate your life to Christ.
- Ask God for grace to be complete in obedience to His word and the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
May the Lord favour you, and give you over whelming victories in Jesus name. AMEN