Throw away your idols cont’d
Lay your hand on your chest and pray –
- Lord, make it impossible for my quest to become rich derail your purpose in my life in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I ask you go guard my heart from making money my idol in the name of Jesus.
- In any way that I have pursued money more than I have pursued you, Lord, I repent today and ask for mercy, please forgive me. In any way that I have placed the love of money above your love in my heart, Lord, I am sorry, forgive me and help me to place money where it rightly belongs. Money shall be my servant, I will never worship money. Thank you faithful God, in Jesus name.
Remember that anything you worship has become your ‘god’. Idolatry is an evil seal, you must break it. In order to rid Israel of her idols, God had to send them on exile! Isa. 27:7-9, “Hath he smitten him, as he smote those that smote him? or is he slain according to the slaughter of them that are slain by him? In measure, when it shooteth forth, thou wilt debate with it: he stayeth his rough wind in the day of the east wind. By this therefore shall the iniquity of Jacob be purged, and this is all the fruit to take away his sin; when he maketh all the stones of the altar as chalkstones that are beaten in sunder, the groves and images shall not stand up.” This scripture demonstrates the extent to which God can go to punish idolatry; you must never joke with it. Today, in some parts of Africa, the primitive form of idolatry is still being practiced. 1 Chro. 5:24-26, “The chiefs of their clan were the following: Epher, Ishi, Eliel, Azriel, Jeremiah, Hodaviah, Jadhiel. Each of these men had a great reputation as a warrior and leader. But they were not true to the God of their fathers; instead they worshiped the idols of the people whom God had destroyed. So, God caused King Pul of Assyria (also known as Tilgathpilneser III) to invade the land and deport the men of Reuben, Gad and half-tribe of Manasseh. They took Halah, Habor, Hara, and he Gozan River, where they remain to this day.” Idolatry causes people to go into exile. If God could punish his chosen Israel with exile, if he could expel them and send them into exile, you can imagine what he will do to others. Idolatry leads to captivity and causes evil leaders to rule over the children of God. This is an aberration. May you never sing the Lord’s song in a strange land in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, make it impossible for my adversaries to have an upper hand in my life in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I repent of the sin of idolatry and I break away completely from idolatry. I renounce idolatry. Lord, I hate what you hate and I love what you love and I declare that I love you above all else in my heart in the name of Jesus.
- Idolaters will never rule over me, I rule over them for I belong to you in Jesus mighty name I have prayed. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED…..