Quite a number of people will walk into traps because of their inability to discern danger. Without the spirit of discernment, you cannot pray effectively because you will end up dealing with symptoms and not the root cause of issues. You may be able to read about the physical signs but without discernment you cannot know the time and season. The Jews crucified their messiah because of lack of discernment. That is exactly what happens when people lack discernment.
- Lord, bless me with the gift of discernment of spirits. Holy Spirit, I ask that you please open my eyes to know the times and seasons; open my eyes to discern my environment and to discern evil accurately in the name of Jesus.
- Help me, O God, never to be entrapped, help me never to be deceived. Help me never to miss your mark.
- Supernaturally empower me and keep me as the apple of your eye.
- Guide me every inch of the way till I become all you want me to be and accomplish all that you want me to accomplish in the name of Jesus.
- May I leave nothing undone that I should do. Through you, I shall do valiantly. I depend on you in Jesus name.
1 Thes. 5:1-3, “But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I should write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.” This will not be the portion of those who are discerning, those who know the signs of the time will position themselves and will never be caught unawares. They will be ready. As a matter of fact, they will look forward to the event.
I gave my life to Christ many years back and while in secondary school, we never knew that we will complete school before the second coming of Christ. We believed it and lived it. There were things you just couldn’t do and be able to sleep. It helped us to be heavenly focused. In fact, we became so expectant that ‘Maranatha’ (which means ‘come, Lord Jesus’) became a common greeting amongst us. The closer the time the more people are drifting, the closer the time the more people get distracted with pursuit of money.
The day I had an encounter where I was stranded in a dusty land; I saw almost everyone busy piling goods; they were so busy that nobody could even stop to attend to me. The old man that eventually attended to my enquiries was talking to me and walking away at the same time. Is this not the spirit of the age? The spirit of haste, spirit of accumulation, laying up treasures here on earth. There must be a better life. May you not be caught up in the ‘rat race’ in the name of Jesus Christ.
TO BE CONTINUED…..