Phil. 4:6-8, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just; whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” This is Apostle Paul’s prescription if you want to succeed in this evil age. The Bible says we should set our hearts on things that are above. That is the ultimate. Everything down here will sink. It is delusion, chasing shadows and leaving the substance. This is one of the characteristics of the fallen man.
- Father, please help me. I need help. You know the areas where I am still struggling, you know the areas where I need to make amends. I have never walked this path before, it is so easy to get carried away and that is why I need help. Lord, I depend on you and ask for grace to live right. Grace to keep heaven in view. Grace not to live as if this age will never wind down. Grant me the grace to walk hand in hand with you so that your purpose may be fulfilled in my life. Grant me grace never to depart from the way; the crucified way which is the way of the cross. I ask for grace never to substitute my walk with you with anything else for whatever reason.
- You came down and gave your life for me and gave me the greatest prescription for my well being here – the cross. May I never miss your mark. Help me in the name of Jesus. Deliver me from the cares of this world and from the deceitfulness of riches. Deliver me from worldly pleasure, worldly lust, pride of life, lust of the flesh, lust of the eye. Grant that carnality will never have an upper hand in my life. Every manifestation of carnality, Lord, let it be crushed by the crushing power of the cross of Christ in the name of Jesus.
- The gods of this age that are fighting to sow tares in my life, I raise the cross of Christ against them and I declare them crushed. Let the fire of your presence consume every tare, uproot every evil seed, and whatever is not planted of God in my life.
- Let the fire of your presence consume every evil seed that the enemy has sown in the garden of my heart in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Help me to be alert and vigilant. Keep me rapture ready. May I not major on minor issues in the name of Jesus. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED……..