The snake in the garden is the beginning of every tragedy. Snake in the garden is declaration of war. Henceforth, wherever you encounter a snake, kill it. Luke 10:19 says, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
Jesus not only fought with the snake in the garden, he fought with the snake in the wilderness using the word of God – ‘it is written’. Jesus was a consummate worshipper. Everywhere the first Adam failed, Jesus Christ, the second Adam, excelled. You need to understand your salvation from this perspective. This is because you cannot value, maintain or protect what you do not treasure.
Before the fall, you will notice the following: –
- Negligence or abdication of responsibility – this was the reason why God called out to Adam, “where are you?” Every tragedy in life is traceable to this.
- Seduction. Seduction wants to woo you out so that the enemy can score goals against you. Anyone who enters your life is like an elevator; he either takes you up or takes you down. Don’t be unequally yoked. Mind your association. Psa. 1:1-3, “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Seduction is an art. That is why you must never entertain the snake. Don’t even think that you have what it takes to engage it. The best time to deal with the snake is before it gains entry. A snake has no business in the garden.
- Delusion. This is an aftermath of seduction. A person who is seduced behaves like a zombie. Anyone who is not discerning in the world today is susceptible to deception. When you encounter a deceiver, he blows your mind in three ways – lust of the flesh, lust of the eye and pride of life. What he does is to connect to the lust in your heart. When people are deluded they behave like someone under a spell.
- Distraction. Distraction is to be removed from the track. When you remove a train from its track, it derails. The aftermath is usually catastrophic.
- Heavenly Father I worship and adore you. I ask for grace to be watchful and prayerful all the days of my life. Help me never to abdicate my spiritual responsibilities. Supernaturally empower me to walk in dominion over the antics of the evil one in Jesus name. Amen.
TO BE CONTINUED………