9. The rod of the righteous is for comprehensive victory.
Exo. 17:8-9, “Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim. And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.” This is what men of God ought to be doing; standing on top of the hill with rod in their hands, lifting the banner of the Lord. We are not called to be people who operate in the valley. Just because Moses obeyed the injunction of God, there was victory – verses 13-14. “And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.” The victory of the Church comes because of the rod that is lifted on top of the mountain. The Church is suffering today because those who should stand on top of the mountain lifting the rod have abdicated their position. This is the model for comprehensive victory. There is division of labour in the things of God; Aaron and Hur were on top of the hill lifting the hand of Moses when his hand became feeble. They knew the importance of the rod and so became his hand lifters. You need Moses, you need Aaron and Hur who were the hand lifters, then you need Joshua and company in the field. Those on the mountain must not abdicate their position; this is strategic. Joshua led the commanders in the field.
One of the terrible things that the devil takes delight in doing is to dislocate people. He deceives in order to dislocate. First, he sells a dummy to such people, they get deluded, dislocated and defeated. What model are you operating? Are you connected to the rod? If yes, which rod are you connected to?
- Father, I appreciate and bless your name. I worship and adore you. I have heard your word today, please help me to align completely to your purposive will. Help me to be a person who serves you according to your terms and not according to my own terms in the name of Jesus. Help me to be properly connected to you in Jesus name.
- Re-dedicate your life to Jesus Christ. Jesus, you are my Rock, you are the Rock of my salvation, you are the Rock of my protection and my preservation. You are my redeemer. I re-dedicate my life to you. You are the incarnate Word. Help me to celebrate you all the days of my life.
- Grant me the grace to live according to your word. Help me never to disobey you. Help me never to dislocate from your call upon my life. Grant me grace to walk hand in hand with you and let your purpose be fulfilled in every area of my life.
- I declare that through you, I shall do valiantly. I worship you. Help me to love your word and to feast on it. Help me to be led by your spirit all the days of my life. Thank you blessed Lord, in Jesus name. Amen!